Saturday, September 4, 2010

Circadian Rhythms

12 hours out.  Seems like every time I look up, the clock has been jumping forward.  Still unstuck in time, but I'm okay with that.  A professor at Tech said that writers are screwed up.  We have problems filtering, so we write to filter to understand what's going on.  Not that I don't know, but grasping is the hardest part.  I can feel it in my gut that things are going to be tough, from the airport for hours and looking for my way to the hotel, I have been sifting every possible twist in the plot.  Passport issues, metal detectors, tickets, my forgetting anything pertinent.  But hey, it's the rite of passage.

So that last few days I've been doing my best to squeeze every second with people and family and the things I won't be able to do there.

For the record, Volt ReVolt is a great band.  Ziegenbock is a great beer, Redeemer has cool, outgoing members, and screw comfort.

So this is me, excellent.  Fathoming and filtering and ureedu shisha menfadlikah.  Why are you talking like a film?
My mp3 player is full to bursting, as are my bags, and my closet, and my head.

Don't worry about me.

You all get to read me write abstractly, by the way.  But I swear I'll report as much as I fantast.

Okay.  I'm leaving tomorrow morning and will be arriving Monday afternoon.  I have a bag and a carry-on, and minimal things to bring.  I'm going to talk with the person next to me on my flight and enjoy a meal with them before I sleep.  I'll have things to keep me occupied.  A book I'll give away when I get there, a laptop with no internet, and time to think and think and think.  I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment